Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Testing - testing... is this thing even on?

So...test post. I'll define my blog title! :) It might seem a little creepy, I guess, if you don't know where it comes from (No, it's not originally mine). It comes from Act II Scene II of Shakespeare's play Hamlet, and the actual quote is Guildenstern's "O, there has been much throwing about of brains" as pertains to the discussion of the war of the theatres at the time. I've always liked the quote because (even though it's not what Guildenstern meant) the idea of throwing one's brain - instead of just words - in an argument is favorable.

When I think of "throwing about brains," I think of people putting all their thoughts into what they're saying; to throw words is simple, and often mindlessly done, but to truly wrap  your mind around something before you commit to speaking on the matter takes true respect for others and oneself. I'm aware that I don't always "throw about" my every thought before I speak, but I suppose with a blog I've time to edit/revise my thoughts and put a bit more effort into it. At any rate, I hope to throw brains at/with y'all. Let's see if this works, shall we? (moves mouse over to the "publish post" link and winces)...

No comments:

Post a Comment